“There are 4 common drunk driving accidents which can be prevented by choosing not to drink and drive before imbibing. Drunk driving accidents are 100 percent preventable, says Fort Myers Drunk Driving Attorney Randall Spivey of Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A.
Alcohol consumption affects a driver’s reaction time, vision, spatial awareness, and coordination.
- Alcohol inhibits a driver’s ability to react rationally when driving because reaction time is reduced after consuming alcohol.
- Vision is drastically impaired after drinking alcohol which can cause slower eye muscle function, blurred vision, and problems with color perception and night driving.
- Spatial awareness is a problem for drunk drivers. They frequently misjudge their vehicles’ location on the road as they try to relate to other vehicles, the centerline, and/or road signs.
- Drowsiness and/or inattention are caused by an illegal blood alcohol concentration which reduces alertness.
- Coordination between the eyes, hands, and feet causes driving to be dangerous for a drunk driver.
Florida’s 4 most common accidents caused by drunk drivers are:
- Head-on Collisions – Intoxicated drivers have a higher incidence of drowsiness or falling asleep at the wheel can cause them to veer into oncoming traffic resulting in potential head-on collisions.
- Rear-end Collisions – Drunk drivers lose their ability to judge distances and react in time to avoid rear-end collisions if another vehicle stops quickly.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Seeing pedestrians, especially at night, is difficult for drunk drivers because they often experience impaired vision.
- Wrong-way Accidents – Intoxicated drivers cannot read and comprehend traffic signs and realize they are driving in the wrong direction on one-way streets and/or highway entrances and exits.
“If you or a loved one is injured in a drunk driving accident, please contact our Fort Myers drunk driving accident legal team at Spivey Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. after seeking medical attention. We represent people involved in numerous types of personal injury and wrongful death accidents throughout the state of Florida. All of our clients have unique personal injury cases. Our firm provides personal contact and communication along with aggressive representation. Please see what our clients say about our legal team at Testimonials.
We have a proven record of assisting our clients some of which are the following:
- A judgment was obtained for the victim of a DUI accident who received brain injuries in a Fort Myers car accident when a drunk driver crossed the center line.
- A jury verdict was obtained for a car accident victim who received fractures to his hip, pelvis, and both feet because of a drunk driver in Collier County.
- A settlement was obtained for a motorcycle accident victim who received vision loss and other injuries when a drunk driver crossed the centerline and pulled into the path of his motorcycle in Port Charlotte.
- Verdicts and settlements were obtained for a drunk driving accident victim who received soft tissue injuries to her neck when a drunk driver crashed into a vehicle in which she was a passenger in Collier County.
There are no costs or attorney fees until we receive a monetary recovery for you, and we are available 24/7 to assist you,” said Attorney Spivey.
Fort Myers Drunk Driving Accident Attorney Randall L. Spivey is a Board Certified Trial Attorney – the highest recognition for competence bestowed by the Florida Bar and a distinction earned by just one percent (1%) of Florida attorneys. He has handled over 2,000 personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout Florida. For a free and confidential consultation to discuss your legal rights, contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., in Lee County at 239.337.7483 or toll-free at 1.888.477.4839, or by email to Randall@SpiveyLaw.com. Visit SpiveyLaw.com for more information. You can contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. in Charlotte County at 941.764.7748 and in Collier County at 239.793.7748