“There is always a victim in DUI accidents. We all know them or read or hear about them in the media. These are the defenseless men, women and children affected by drugged or drunk drivers. We at Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. see them in our offices, and we do everything to help them through their cases. There are many questions victims have when they enter our offices, and we are prepared to answer them,” said Hurt By Drunk Driver Attorney, Randall Spivey.
Here are some of the more frequently asked questions:
- What to do after an accident? The first thing to do is seek medical attention. After doing so, call the insurance company, but do not give a recorded statement. Then call Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. We are available 24/7.
- Why is it important to call Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., immediately after the accident? Gathering information needs to start immediately. As time passes it becomes more difficult to find the information needed; memories fade and evidence can disappear. Preserving evidence is critical and obtaining witness statements is important.
- Who at the firm will represent me? Randall Spivey personally manages all cases at the Spivey Law Firm.
- If I go to a doctor, how do I pay my medical bills? There are medical specialists in the community who take “letters of protection.” These letters of protection mean that the doctor will receive payment when the case settles. There is also protection under Florida PIP laws which provide $10,000 coverage for medical bills and lost wages.
- What is a contingency fee? There are no costs or attorney fees unless we make a monetary recovery for you.
There are also other questions that injured victims may want to consider asking when selecting an attorney to represent them. Here are a few:
- Is the attorney board certified by the Florida Bar in civil trial law?
- How long has the attorney been practicing law?
- What percentage of the firm’s time is devoted to personal injury?
- How many court and jury trials has the attorney conducted, and what were the results?
- Is the attorney “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell and what other rating or awards has the attorney received?
“We know that selecting the right attorney is critical to getting the best results for the client. If you or a loved one has been injured, please contact us,” said Randall Spivey, Fort Myers DUI Accident Attorney.
Hurt By Drunk Driver Attorney, Randall L. Spivey is a Board Certified Trial Attorney – the highest recognition for competence bestowed by the Florida Bar and a distinction earned by just one (1%) percent of Florida attorneys. He has handled over 2,000 personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout Florida. For a free and confidential consultation to discuss your legal rights, contact the Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., in Lee County at 239.337.7483 or toll free at 1.888.477.4839, or by email to Randall@SpiveyLaw.com. Visit SpiveyLaw.com for more information. You can contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A.in Charlotte County at 941.764.7748 and in Collier County 239.793.7748.